Dover - CT15 5EQ
40 Hours Per Week, Monday - Friday, Day Shifts Only, 8 Hour Shifts
£9.50 - Per Hour
To Apply please send your CV to the email address below.
Robert Blumsden : email@example.com
We want you
We are looking for a Cleaner to work at The Duke Of York Military School, which is steeped in history first opening it’s doors in 1803, then in 1909 the school relocated to it’s present site in Dover, Kent. In 2010 we became the first full state boarding school opening our doors to any family wishing to choose this unique and iconic school. Dover – CT15 5EQ
If you are looking for an employer that will invest in you and develop your career further, then look no further and apply!
Purpose of job:
To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the School.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of your designated area and for maintaining high and consistent standards
• Take initiative to perform cleaning and tidying tasks that are not specifically contained within the rota but require attention as part of maintaining overall high standards.
• Liaise with Supervisor, Site Manager and School Caretakers and other members of staff as required to ensure the cleaning rota operates smoothly around both school events and outside lets.
• Report cleaning supplies requirements and stock levels to the line manager.
• Ensure Health & Safety, quality and general procedure compliance
• Work as part of a team and support other members of the cleaning team to meet standards and school objectives
• Report any Health and Safety issues to the Supervisor, Site Manager and School Caretakers
• To greet all customers in a polite and friendly manner at all times.
• Deal with individual customer requests / queries in a professional manner.
• Follow up any customer comments / complaints. Ensure that follow up action is taken by reporting to your line manager.
• Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the school
• Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner.
• Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with any unexpected problems
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to Equal Opportunities.
• Being physically capable.
• Communication, math and reading.
• Customer service and sound judgement.
• Efficiency and discretion.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Motivation and flexibility.
• Respect and professionalism.
• Time management and multitasking.
• Understanding and following safety rules.
• Understanding and carrying out set tasks.
• Understanding of health and safety regulation.
• To be polite, friendly and pleasant to your colleagues.
• Be prepared to assist the rest of the team in a positive manner.
• To keep your colleagues informed as to the happenings within the unit and be prepared to attend Company briefing and training sessions.
Health, Safety & Hygiene
• To ensure that you meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, health & safety and health and hygiene.
• To report all maintenance requirements to your line manager.
• To report any hygiene or safety issues to your line manager immediately.
• To undertake any Health, Safety and Hygiene requirements within the unit.
• To fill in the Hazard Reporting sheet where necessary.
• To attend your rostered shifts.
• To ensure that you are of a clean and presentable appearance.
• To ensure that clean clothing is worn at the start of each shift.
• To follow the Absence Reporting Procedure when unable to attend any rostered shift.
• To ensure that you are on time for each shift.
• To comply with any reasonable request from a member of the
Benefits we offer…
There are many advantages to working for us and we provide our employees with bespoke benefits which include:
Extra benefits include use of swimming pool and gymnasium
• Competitive salaries
• Free meals whilst at work
• Career development opportunities
• Prestigious working environments
• Team events scheduled throughout the year
• 28 Holiday days inclusive of bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Company sick pay scheme
• Employee Benefits Platform
• Work/life balance
• Employee Assistance Program
• People awards to celebrate our employees
• Reward & recognition schemes
• Recommend a friend scheme
As a Cleaner you will…
As well as having an excellent presentation, organisational and communication skills, you will be able to demonstrate bags of enthusiasm.
• Ideally have experience working within Education catering
• Have a progressive career to date
• Have good Health & Safety knowledge
• Flexible with a can-do attitude, customer focused
• Fun and enthusiastic
• Have excellent organization skills
• Demonstrate great attention to detail
• Be a team player, and enjoy succeeding as a team
• Possess great customer service skills
• Have a flexible approach to work
Who we are…
Holroyd Howe is one of the UK’s leading contract caterers, providing fresh innovative food services solely to independent schools and colleges.
We are a team of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children of all ages in order to meet the bespoke requirements of each school.
We invest in the training and development of our teams to give them the appropriate skills necessary to thrive in their job roles. We have outstanding teams of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children, of all ages, meeting the bespoke requirements of our clients.
“Holroyd Howe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. All roles within Holroyd Howe are regarded as regulated activity and therefore we require an Enhanced DBS which includes a Barred List Check for all successful applicants. We will also require shortlisted applicants to provide appropriate information regarding their criminal offences.”
This appointment is offered on the return of satisfactory professional references.